You will place all of your information in paragraphs.
Try to keep your paragraphs short and to the point.
To create a new paragraph:
1. Find the place you would like to place the new paragraph.
2. Press “Enter” or “Return” on your keyboard.
3. Type in the information. Try to keep paragraphs short and to the point as most users will likely get lost if there is too much text. 1-3 sentences are usually sufficient.
4. OPTIONAL: When your paragraph is complete, you may check the spelling by clicking the button labeled “ABC” with a green check mark at the top of the page.
5. If you’d like to add another paragraph below the one you’ve just created, simply press “Enter” or “Return” on your keyboard.
6. When you are finished typing all of your information, click on “Publish”
To edit an existing paragraph:
1. Find the paragraph you wish to edit.
2. You can type new text or delete text similar to a text editor like Microsoft Word.
3. When you are finished editing, click on “Publish”
Format Text Using Bold & Italics
You are able to format text like the following:
? This is bold text.
? This is italicized text.
These methods of formatting text are useful for making important information within paragraphs stand out from the rest. Dates, times, people’s names, places, etc., are can be formatted using “bold” and “italicize” so that the user’s eyes will definitely catch the important information.
To format text using bold & italics:
1. Find the text you wish to bold or italicize.
2. Highlight the specific word(s) you wish to emphasize.
3. Click on the desired button on the Contribute Toolbar. “B” makes the selection bold while “I” makes the selection italicized.
4. To undo bold or italics, click the button a second time.
5. To finish editing, click on “Publish”
A bulleted list is a helpful tool that can easily display important information in an easy-to-read and efficient manner. Try to keep each bulleted item as short as possible and try not to put too many or not enough items. Staying between 2 and 10 items is a good rule of thumb but the quantity and length of your list can vary depending on its purpose. Use your best judgment and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
To create a bulleted list:
1. Find the place on the page you wish to add your list.
2. If you’d like to enter a heading or description of your list, you may do this now. For directions on creating a header, click here.
3. Press “Enter” or “Return” and type your first item.
4. Press “Enter” or “Return” and type your second item.
5. Repeat this process until all items have been added.
6. After you’ve entered your final item, highlight every item you wish included in the list.
7. Click on the bulleted list button at the top of the screen. It has 3 small black dots and 3 sets of lines adjacent to the dots.
8. The items in your list should now each have a square, black dot next to them.
9. If you’d like to continue typing after the list, place your cursor at the end of your last item and press “Enter” or “Return”
10. Press the bulleted list button a second time and the bullet will disappear and you can continue typing in regular paragraph format.
11. When you are done editing, click on “Publish”
To add an item to a bulleted list:
1. 1. Find the list you’d like to edit.
2. Place your typing cursor at the end of the line above where you’d like the new item to be placed.
3. Press “Enter” or “Return” and type the new item.
4. When you are done editing, click on “Publish”
Insert a table
Tables are a common way of presenting information, and are often used in web pages to lay out information and to present tabular data.
To insert a table into a page:
1.Click in the draft where you want the table to appear.
2.Click the Table button.
3.In the Table dialog box, choose the Table Options you want to apply to the table—such as the number of rows, columns, headers, borders, and others.